Friday, June 19, 2009

25 Randoms about me...

0. Its nice to start with zero :P
1. I'm quite a nerd & would rather read than party. Things that *some* people of my age find entertaining scare me.
2. I believe there is no such thing as "burning out". As long as everything I do is driven by passion, stretching myself 'thin' will always surprise me - pleasantly so.
3. I don't think I've ever forgotten to wish anyone on their b'day (in the last 2-3 yrs) but I'm not a fan of celebrating my own.
4. I love photography but I like making sketches/portraits even more... I place a lot of importance on documenting moments that steal away a part of me! I believe that "my memory" is not truely mine & its slipping away with age is one of my greatest fears.
5. I like the smell that lingers after a candle is blown out.
6. I don't like dod-eared pages (its just disrespectful)...
7. I enjoy having people over, cooking dinners, etc... I'm more domestic than I appear to be.
8. Replying to emails/wallposts as soon as I see them makes me feel good. lol
9. I like swimming, biking & badminton & always wanted to learn tennis... I guess dancing can also be listed.
10. I've never used the F*** word & never will... not a fan of foul language in general.
11. I judge educated people who have unhealthy eating habits. If you have no respect for your own health & are not farsighted enough to care about quality of life - thats a disgrace!! (I'm a vegetarian & a big label reader)
12. Speaking of food, I say a short prayer before every meal (its more of a humble acknowledgement that there is someone somewhere whom I owe an effable gratitude for whats on my plate... its more about not taking anything for granted than about believing in God!)
13. I'm proud that I still don't need any beverages to "get me going".... I hate coffee/sugar/caffinated drinks.
14. Science & puzzles are my favorite sections of the NYtimes... btw I still try to read the Maharastra times/TofI regularly :P
15. I have absolutely NO respect for those who dress inappropriately.
16. I am a minimalist... I also value money a lot (theres an important distingtion between being frugal & stingy!)
17. What makes me the saddest/angriest is dysfunctional families... My own will NEVER be among them!
18. I make an effort to remember conversations/episodes as vividly as possible & follow up... being remembered conveys a sense of importance to people & they will appreciate you for it!
19. My most memorable journey is that of an Amtrak ride from Rochester to NYC on Dec 21st/22nd '08. I met someone on that train whose portrait I could sketch from memory... that was a first!
20. I have a cheerful & TIRELESS work ethic. You'll know if you ever end up working with me someday.
21. As far as music... I like something slow & melodious with deep, *meaningful* lyrics.
22. If I could change I thing, I would change people's definition of "need".
23. Pretense, disrespect, pride & unhygenic habits are absolute turn offs.
24. If I ever fall in love, it will be someone whose art of expression & intellectual conversations intrigue me. Most things fade away sooner or later & my quest is to recognize those that don't.
25. Since I started with 0, I technically completed the "25 randoms" in my previous statement ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your blog so far - it always interests me to find out what's going on in other people's minds. Internal Monologues can be shared and treasured by others as well, I guess!

    It is always nice to start at zero - it's the programmer's way! You've still got it in you :P I completely respect someone who doesn't drink alcohol, but then you had never tried maasala chai before either ;) Yesterday I was in a Thai restaurant, enjoying a lovey curry with tofu and cashews, when I was offered a sip of sake! It was really something quite unique! :)

    Recently, I was at my favorite restaurant, The Oneness Fountain Heart in Flushing, Queens, and I bought a pretty peacock bookmark! Just thought I'd mention it, because the restaurant is an absoulte treat for the vegetarian palate :D

    I remember one day, in Mr. Mattone's class, when I had this moment of realization that everything we do in life, every tiny action, or even a thought, has the potential to change the entire world in ways unpredictable. Chaos theory, I guess. So everything one does can have wonderful or disastrous consequences, sometimes both, and we have no way to prevent or channel this reliably! Anyway, it freaked me out for a bit, but Mr. Mattone pointed out that there's no other way to live life, and I guess that helped me understand that any harmony that exists in the world must have somehow arisen from this unpredictable chaos! So chaos does have something to it, despite how frightening it may be at times!

    I hope that someday, you will be fortunate enough to be a wife :) Your last comment reminds me of a movie, The Hours. It's very beautiful, and if you haven't seen it, I think you might like it. It's about Virginia Woolf! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Never Take a Person for Granted,
    Hold Every Person Close to Your Heart,
    Cause You Might Wake Up One Day and Realize;
    That You Lost a Diamond While You Were too Busy Collecting Stones" :-)

    ReplyDelete